Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Saat Vachan

Apart from sindoor, mangalsutra and a few rituals -- one important part of marriage is seven promises. While Shashtras very rightly and broadly covered all aspect of a couple's life, we found something, which were also important, if not equally important. So we had our own set of saat vachans for each other.

Seven Promises
Sankalp to Preeti:
________________________________________

• I will give you one complement each day without fail – about your beauty, skill and understanding nature ;)
• I would take you out for shopping and movie at least twice every week
• I would cook for you occasionally
• I will drop you till office each day you don't feel like driving
• I would help you in washing clothes till I buy you a washing machine and even after that
• I will never compare your cooking / housekeeping skills with that of my mom’s
• I will carry your handbag when you want me to :(

Preeti to Sankalp:
________________________________________

•I promise to learn and cook your favorite dishes just as your mom does.
•I would not mind if you play English songs at times, even if I don’t understand them
•I would not disturb you when you watch cricket (this is applicable only when India is playing)
•I would also give you your favorite head massage as many times as possible
•My services as your salary manager will be free for you ;)
• I will not wake you up early in the morning,just because i have to go to office early
• I will make sure I don’t go to mayeke frequently ( I will call them to our place ok :))

No comments:

Post a Comment